Harel Mallac Technologies is recruiting a System Engineer (Network)
About Harel Mallac Technologies
Harel Mallac Technologies (HMT), a subsidiary of Harel Mallac Group, is a leading ICT company in the Indian Ocean & African continent since 34 years. It provides Technology Solutions & Services to clients across industries locally & regionally. In line with its expansion strategy, HMT is looking out for key talents and professionals to leverage on emerging technologies for its business development.
• Conceptualise, design network architecture, and develop detailed cyber security designs, test and implement network solutions to pre-defined customer’s specifications and recommendation with minimum disruption to the business by using test environments.
• Develop customer deliverable documentation such as Configurations, Network Diagram, or other supporting documentation as required.
• Interacting with teams, suppliers, and customers ensuring 24×7 support.
• Plan, configure, deploy, implement and maintain customer’s Core, LAN, WAN and wireless networks infrastructure, IP and routing summarization which include routers, switches, firewalls, IPS, access point, ISP connections (MPLS, IP-VPN, Lease line, SHDSL, IPLC, ADSL…) to maximise network & security efficiency and to comply with NIST standard and recommendations.
• Responsible for proof-of-concept (POC) network solution design and the development of appropriate test case processes. Perform feasibility studies to compare different technologies and solutions to fulfil Customer’s security requirements.
• Create and maintain detailed Visio diagrams in support of network hardware deployments.
• Participate in the administration and maintenance of the network monitoring and management systems, including configuration management and network health checks. Contribute on major Incident conference calls to help with troubleshooting to resolution/workarounds.
• Work together with internal or external Infrastructure team to design and implement Enterprise level architecture and systems.
• Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures and other proper documentations for the network, information system environment and other IT procedures.
• Troubleshoot and resolve on-premises network or security issues, WAN/LAN routing & switching, Next Generation Firewalls, IPS/IDS, Cloud based VM for network/security deployments.
Troubleshoot & Deploy WLC infrastructure.
• Work with Diamond suppliers & Vendor for incident follow-ups or new Proof of Concept deployment.
• Working with customer and internal teams, to respond to tenders by Local and regional enterprises.
• Directly interface with the client on a regular basis and provide support status updates.
Skill & Competencies required:
• Degree or Master in ICT / Computer Science or Telecommunications Engineering / IT Security or equivalent
• Current CCNA/CCNP or NSE4, any SIEM certificate level preferred.
• Knowledge or hands-on experience with firewalls: Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Nexus Switches, Cisco ASA, Juniper, Fortinet, Checkpoint Firewalls and Peplink/Load balancers.
• Extensive hands-on experience and knowledge with a variety of routing protocols and network concepts including MPLS, BGP, HSRP, STP, RIP, OSPF, VLANs design, VTP, GRE / IPSec and inter-vlan routing on Layer-3 switches will be a definite advantage
• Strong knowledge and experience with configuring QoS, ACL, load balancer and traffic shaping.
• Experience in system, network, IT security, deployment, and support.
• Understanding of network and endpoint security tools and how to optimize network firewall configurations to limit the surface of attack.
• ISO 27001 / ISAE-3402, CEH, ECSA, CISM, CISSP or other relevant IT/Security Certification will be an advantage.
• Knowledge in authentication and encryption & certificate management would be an advantage.
• Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ working experience in a similar position including IP Networks, multipoint WAN connectivity.
• Solid knowledge of TCP/IP, VPN, DHCP, DNS, Routing, Switching NAT, network security and firewall concepts is mandatory.
• Knowledge of Security Software/Framework, risk assessment tools, technologies and methods.
• Systematic approach to documentation and reporting and adherence to procedures and policies.
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills with “can do” attitude to build on and improve the network & security infrastructure and effectiveness within the department
• Initiative – Manages work activities according to the changing priorities of the organisation.
• Commitment and Collaboration – Consults colleagues, users and other stakeholders and acts accordingly in response to their concerns.
• Analysis and innovation – Has the ability to step back and review the approach.
• Good planning, organisation skills and good analytical skills.
• Ability to follow standard change management processes. Document and evaluate impact of required changes to the various networked systems. Plan, schedule and communicate changes to be implemented.
• Ability to prioritise, schedule workload and to multi-task.
• Ability to work under pressure and during odd hours to meet deadlines.
• Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Result orientated and active team player with leadership and critical thinking qualities.
• Willingness to go the extra mile in any previous working environment would be highly regarded.
Employment Type: Permanent and full-time
Only successful candidates will be called upon for interview.
Harel Mallac Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please consult our Privacy Notice on www.harelmallac.com to know more about the way in which we use your personal data.